Monday, February 28, 2011

Joy

we live in a consumerist world where more is merrier and big is better...

we believe happiness is all about the glimmer and the glamour, the excitement and the thrills...

people seem to jump from one sensation to the next in search of joy...happiness...

from shopping to clubbing, parties and vacations, we seem to never get enough of them...

but are we R E A L L Y happy with what we have?

have our activities brought us joy.....or is all they brought to us fatigue and maybe even a plate of regret?

there is a problem in looking for joy in our possessions or frivolous activities....

you must ask yourself...when you wake up the next morning are the feelings of joy still there or do you have to go out and spend more money, take another vacation or hit up the next club???

i think it is a known fact that worldly things can never give us lasting happiness...but it's a matter of proving that ourselves......

so take a moment today.....look at everything you have in life...and out of ALL of those things...what brings you the most joy?

is it your car...your expensive jewelry.....your fancy house???

or is it something else???

the giggle of your children....

the sticky and sometimes wet kisses placed upon your cheek from those children.....

hearing your husbands voice on the phone or the missing of the touch of his hand on your hand....

your true friends and your family who have been there through all of your trials and tribulations....

what brings joy to your life????


at the end of the day....when the too expensive car is parked and the make-up is wiped away and the jewelry is taken off and the clothes that cost WAY more than they were worth are all put away.....what brings you joy.....


for me...it's my family....you can take away all of my world possessions and leave me with the clothes on my back...but my children are forever mine....



at the end of the day....they are what bring my joy that is nothing but pure

they are what i live and breath for....they are my everything.....and this is what I must remember each and every day.....

that joy comes from them...and my husband...and my family....not from the possessions that are in my life....


sure the other "stuff" is nice...but maybe we should spend a little less time in indulgence and a little more time in remembering where real honest to God joy comes from!!


Have a Beautiful Monday

~R~

oh.....and I must announce the winner of the impromptu giveaway yesterday.....Amy Hanson Lane....you got it girly!!! Congrats to you!!! Email me at rebecca_murray2006@yahoo.com so we can get the specifics worked out!

thank you to all who participated! make sure to stay tuned and check back daily to see what else I have up my sleeve!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment