Thursday, January 20, 2011

Just Do It

Maybe Nike coined the phase "Just Do It" but I live it everyday...in every aspect of my life i possess the "Just Do It" attitude....and not only do I "Do it" but I "Do it" to the best of my ability

Since Colby has been deployed I have been asked copious times "how I do it" and "what it's like"...I have to admit there are times when I just want to look at the person and give them a vacant stare and shrug my shoulders...but I just kind of laugh and say "oh it's just what I do"

"How do I do it?"......let me ask you this..... how do you breath....how does your heat beat.....how does your unborn child grow inside of you.....how do you hear or see or feel.....you just do, it's how you live.....that is my answer to "How I do it".....because in the end...how can you not do it?

"What's it like".... it is so hard to explain what it's like...being a military wife that is.....unbelievably wonderful, and petrifying, and humbling, and amazing all at the same time....and the sense of pride....it fills me up like nothing has before...pride for my husband, for my children and for myself...

Some things I will never be able to describe what it's like....like saying good bye to your husband when he deploys...knowing he will be gone for an entire year and miss an entire year of your life as a family.....or having to wipe the tears off of your children's faces and hide your own so you can put on a strong front not only for your children but for your husband....there is no way to really put it into words except that it is physically, emotionally, and mentally painful.....

But there is also nothing sweeter than seeing the looks on your children's faces and feeling your heart fill with nothing but love and joy and admiration when he comes home to you....

when it all comes down to it, i am a very independent woman and that is one of the traits I really admire about myself.....i don't NEED him to take care of me....but I have to say it really is nice that he does...I just NEED his love and his support and his caring and no matter where he is and where I am, I know that I will have that forever and always.....

Is it hard....you bet it is....it's hard and it's scary and it's tiring....but the best things in life are never easy....so I am just going to DO IT and I am going to do it with zest and spunk and enthusiasm and I know that it will all make us stronger...as individuals AND as a family

And with that I will leave you with some pictures of my sweet Adilyn....we were goofing off waiting to pick Avery up from school...she is such a mess....a mess that I love so very much!

Have a wonderful evening!!!















2 comments:

  1. Thank god she has your stunning looks!

    Daddy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank god she has your stunning looks!
    Wait, thats not good I'll have to beat the boys off with a stick.

    Daddy

    ReplyDelete